|Sleeps Max||18 (by special arrangement)|
|Beach Front||One of Barbados’ best beaches, just through the garden gate|
| || |
Located on the exclusive west coast, Nelson Gay’s garden gate opens straight on to a stunning crescent of perfect coral sand. The clear, sheltered water is roped-off for safe swimming and is ideal for all water sports. There’s also a coral reef with excellent snorkelling. Nelson Gay is just perfect for family holidays. It sits next door to the wonderful Cobblers Hotel and restaurant.
This elegant coral stone Palladian mansion is set in a lush tropical estate of nearly two acres. Built for a U.S. Ambassador over 50 years ago, the timeless good taste this property offers is hard to find in more recent properties. However, it has been kept up to date with modern amenities.
The house is set in nearly two acres of mature, landscaped tropical gardens with many fine trees, fronting the immaculate Cobbler’s Cove beach. An impressive 50’ pool leads the eye naturally from the house to the beach. Tiled in Italian green mosaic, the swimming pool blends beautifully with the lush tropical vegetation. At the far end of the garden alongside the beach is an octagonal "Chinese" gazebo, a wonderful place for sunset cocktails and long, leisurely meals cooled by the ocean breeze.
The elegant garden gazebo by the beach seats up to 14. It is equipped with a wet bar and fridge. A dining table on the partly covered terrace can seat up to 20. The coral stone formal dining room features a glass topped table by Oliver Messel and seats up to 12.
The rooms are airy and mostly decorated in white with some green to complement the tropical surroundings. The beds are new and comfortable with lOO% high count cotton sheets and soft hypoallergenic pillows.
- 60" flat screen TV in Media Room with surround sound, PS3 and cable TV with multi-standard DVD player
- About 400 DVDs and 160 CDs
- 42" plasma TVs in 2 master bedrooms (cable TV + DVD)
- 32" plasma in 3 other bedrooms (cable TV + DVD)
- DVD in 2 additional bedrooms
- Broadband, fax, 2 phone lines plus third with VOIP
- Fussball, snorkels, masks and numerous games
- Laptop computer and printer
- Main house: 5 bedrooms, Cottage: 1 bedroom. Plus 3 further bedrooms on request
- 2 garden houses (Chattel Houses) each with two beds
- Media Room with day bed
- All with A/C and en suite bath or shower
- Nearly two acres of mature tropical gardens right on Cobbler’s beach
- 50ft x 12ft heated (on request) Italian mosaic tiled pool
- Beautiful gazebo, garden dining for 14
- Covered terrace, dining for up to 20
- Formal dining room seating 12
- Child friendly furniture, slip covered in Sunbrella
- Portable crib with mosquito net
- Defibrillator and medical kit
- Tennis, gym and spa at the next-door Cobblers Cove Hotel
- A cook, butler, maid/laundress, housekeeper, gardener, night watchman
Click here to add to the Guest Book
If you'd like to enquire about a booking, please select your dates and click 'contact agent' and we will contact you.