This is an out of this world property on a private island resort in the Grenadines with just a few special privately owned villas on it. Perched 25 ft above the white sands of a perfect swimming beach, surrounded by shallow bright Grenadines, Caribbean waters, in just about the safest place to live in the world, this two bedroom home offers a life of beauty culture and adventure. Built originally prior to 1967 the year the current owner bought the property. It has pitch pine roofs, tall ceiling to waist height wooden shutters and terracotta floor tiles. The home has been well looked after and has recently had the kitchen updated.
Palm Island is off of Union Island, a short ride in a tiny plane from Barbados. It feels like such an adventure. Once arrived on Union, you hop on a boat, and land 5 minutes later on Palm. Greeted with a delicious rum punch the following days will be bliss.
NB. Pool above is the Palm Island hotel pool.
- Prime location in St. Vincent and The Grenadines (new international airport and region of economic growth)
- Fabulous and unique privacy.
- Exquisite, 180 degree views over coral reefs and the Grenadine Islands.
- Waterfront land reaches the sea on three sides.
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living, dining, kitchen.
- Outdoor dining.
- Built area; c 3000 sq ft.
- 0.3 acre plot (12,726 sq ft) plot of gardens.
- Distance to Grenada 45 nautical miles
- Distance to Mustique 45 nautical miles
- Access via Grenada International Airport to Carriacou airport or via Barbados International Airport via Union Island and a boat on to Palm Island
- 65 year lease
- The property has power and waste collection.
- There is an approx. fee of 10,000USD per annum to the Resort for upkeep of the roads, dockage, island maintenance and waste disposal, and electricity facilities.
- Water is provided via the standard local catchment system.
Grenadines waterfront land is
incredibly desirable and rarely available. Significantly though this
is the number one place to invest because of the three major new developments
in the area;
extension of the Carriacou airport to accommodate up to
the Dash-8 aircraft to create an area for private jet parking and upgrade
emergency response facilities & equipment.
development of the billion dollar Sandy Lane Hotel on Canouan nearby.
- 3.The development of the Port Louis Grenada
with Camper and Nicholson which includes a marina with 350 slips and
yachting facilities for yachts up to 100 metres, 36 lots for individual houses,
200 residential, 120 room 5-star hotel and a Wellness center.
- Bequia 3 bed villa, 3000 sq ft,
0.67 acres, waterfront property.
Achieved a price of US$ 3,5m in 2013
representing a capital value of
$ 1166 per sq ft.
- Grenada La Luna, 5 bed villa, 3545
sq ft, 0.8 acres, waterfront property.
Achieved price of $ 3,6m capital
value of $1015 per sq ft.
- Carriacou Point Blanc, 3 bed
villa, 4,678 sq ft, 1.3 acres, waterfront property.
under offer for
US$ 695,000 representing a capital value of
$150 per sq ft.
- Carriacou property 5 bedroom, 5683 sq
ft, 3 acres, waterfront property.
Available for $3.57m, representing a
capital value on the property of
$628 per sq ft.
On beautiful Palm Island you can truly live out the Robinson Crusoe fantasy in rustic comfort. Completely secluded on its own 135-acre private island, this really is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a different pace of life, giving you the opportunity to recharge your batteries.
Gourmet dining is a beachfront affair with the cuisine taking full advantage of the freshly caught seafood and locally grown vegetables.Royal Palm Restaurant and Sunset Grill and Bar are your local restaurants with international flair. Saturday is Caribbean night rum tasting and steel pan, at the Royal Palm Restaurant. You can book afternoon tea at the hotel or book a picnic in stunning locations or a romantic dinner by the Heart Tree. There is a freshwater swimming pool with waterfall at the hotel and sun terraces, plus a fitness centre and beauty therapy room with extensive beauty treatments available. Spa Tranquility - full spa with range of treatments including facial, body & massage therapies. Non-motorised water sports including snorkelling, kayaking and Hobie Cat sailing. Bicycles, shuffleboard, there are 3 hiking trails walk (you can around the island in 30 min!). Daytime tennis court (including balls and rackets) Pool table. Powerboat/sailboat excursions* to nearby Grenadines chain, including great diving. Library with book exchange, gym, satellite TV lounge and table tennis. There is also a weekly botanical stroll including the resort's Green House.
There is usually a doctor in residence on Palm island and a small village hospital on Union. Medical facilities are also available on nearby Mustique and 40 min flight to Barbados.