Lower Bay Bequia land for sale.
A rare, new opportunity to purchase 4.35 acres of beachfront land on Bequia for sale.
The plot starts at the beachside road, so 20 ft from the sand, and rises gradually up to the top ridge of Lower Bay Hill giving the site 360 degree views.
This land is at the better end of the beach behind the 3 bedroom house Lower Bay House on 0.34 acres for sale at US$ 2.95m and the Retreat on 0.75 acres sold for US$ 3m in 2012.
A comparable site at the southern end of the beach the 6 bedroom Amitabah villa rents for US$ 12,500 per week and is valued at c US$ 4m. This villa is one 1 acre and has no beach frontage.
A excellent, large, elevated villa site boundary to the powdery sands of Lower Bay, perfect swimming conditions and unique, natural coral pool. The ocean and mountain scenery here is outstanding. This site affords 360 views over the quiet beach, across to the international yachting harbour Admiralty Bay and to the south, over the Grenadines islands of Mustique and Canouan.
The site is at the cool and breezy end of Lower Bay with several multi million dollar property neighbouring on this verdant hillside, the land is accessed by the Port Elizabeth road and is 400 metres from the beach. The water is clear and shallow. Swimming and snorkelling conditions are perfect. Further land going towards the beachfront can be bought at this site. Please contact us for further explanation.
There are beach cafes and a selection of restaurants for evening dining. The beach has a natural lagoon swimming pool on waters edge ideal for young children. Five minutes by boat or car is Jack's Bar at the stunning Princess Margaret Beach and the shops and restaurants of Port Elizabeth.
Lower Bay featured in Harpers Bazaar in November 09 as the 'Best Beach in the World for Chilling.'
- 4.35 acre / 189,671 sq ft wooded land / villa plot sq ft).
- Elevation to sea level approx 0 - 150 ft.
- West coast sunset views of Lower Bay, Bequia.
- Closest distance to the water line on Lower Bay is 20 feet from the picture perfect white sandy beach.
- A house here will have absolutely magnificent 360 views.
- Privately owned clear flat land at the western boundary, private clear land on all other boundaries
- Managed and Protected site
- At the better, quieter and breezier end of LowerBay
- Within an mixed (international/local) residential community
- Excellent building land (gradually sloping and in areas, flat)
- Great location – three west coast beaches walking distance
- Magnificent Views of the beach and ocean and sunset
A 20ft road stretches across the front of the plot.
Environment and protecting covenants
- Retain the natural beauty of the landscape.
- Protect the environment and wildlife as much as possible.
- Ensure that development blends with the local surroundings.
- Prime location
- Sweeping views over the west and south coast
- A short walk or drive to the town and harbour.
Within walking distance:
Three west coast beaches, Lower Bay, Princess Margaret and Belmont Beach.
Restaurants and bars at Lower Bay and Princess Margaret.
All the restaurants of the harbour are within walking distance.
Lower Bay sports club (tennis and basket ball courts and water sports centre.)
A small grocery shop and a vegetable garden selling fresh produce.
Diving, fishing, sailing.
Lower Bay west coast land is very rarely on the market. These lands are considered the very desirable in Bequia for investors who want the best location, sustained revenue on rented property and growth in land and development prices. The Grenadines are in the early stages of 10-year economic boom so growth here is especially attractive and there is much to be excited about investing on Bequia, as this island develops further toward the ideals of its neighbours while keeping its barefoot, low-key, ambience.
Planning permission in principle obtainable on purchase.
Bequia has a small airport that is serviced by Mustique Airways, SVG air and Grenadines Airways. Two daily flights (50 mins) leave Barbados daily at 1.30 pm and 4.30 pm
For private international jet arrivals Bequia is a short flight away (USD 900 one-way from Canouan - Canouan Island has recently opened its extended airport runway: 5900 ft
A joint Airport expansion project between the Government of Saint Vincent and Canouan Resorts Development Ltd has invested millions to make Canouan Island a true international Airport now allowing aircraft as large as the Boeing 737 and Airbus 320 to land and take off safely. The first G5 took off from Canouan, fully fuelled to London NON-STOP on March 27th, 2008.
BEQUIA Island transfer times:
Barbados - 45 minutes
San Juan - 2 hours (connect from Canouan)
Miami - 3 hours (connect from Canouan)
International Airport St. Vincent
On 16th of August 2006 the Government announced that they are forging ahead with the development of an international airport in St. Vincent.