- Friendship Heights, Bequia.
- Villa Plots 0.5 acre
- Forty four plot development
- Managed site
- Road, cable, electricity and telephone to each plot
- Available Lots no.’s 35-37 and 39-44.
- Excellent views onto valleys and beaches
- Great location - two beaches within view and walking distance
The plan for the redevelopment of the area sets out pre-defined maximum building heights and set backs and the basic development layout is controlled by local planning laws. Buyers here are building villas to live and to rent/sell. High season (Dec – May)
Of the of 43 half acre lots released for sale, 32 lots have sold to predominatly American, English, Scottish and Swiss buyers. Buyers have bought two lots side by side. Two sites have begun villa building works (one over lot no. 7 is a 7,000 sq ft villa on 1.5 acres.)
Available Lots no.’s 1, 31-33, 35-37 and 39-44.
Notes: Once these lots are all sold there will still be this great thirst for homes.
Land on Bequia private land sells today in Bequia for US$ 10/12 per square foot, which is well above the buying price here now.
Quality without Compromise
The government tendered the road building project to Kelcom International who have built high quality roads and underground infrastructure to each villa site.
- Stunning ocean and coastal views south east and/ or south west
- Ravine Beach
- Friendship Beach and Bay
- Isle a Quatre
- Petit Nevis
- Balliceaux and Battoweya Islands
“The location of Friendship Heights is my personal favourite because of the views you get to the small offshore islands to Canouan, Mustique, Union, Carriacou and Grenada (on the clear days.) Northern ridge lots also overlook Mount Pleasant to the north east and to Ravine Bay.”
Lara Cowan, Director
The road is maintained by the government as the landowner becomes taxpayer upon purchase of land. Cable, telephone and electricity are built in underground to each site.
Friendship Bay lands are considered the most desirable in Bequia for investors who need to see revenue on rented property and rapid growth in land and development prices. This is not only because of the proximity of the good swimming beach and restaurants on the beautiful Friendship beach but more significantly because of the three major new developments in the area: see General Information below.
USP’s for the Friendship Heights Lots:
- Road access is to Friendship Bay Beach, Hotel and Restaurant.
- Port Elizabeth is less than 10 minutes drive.
- Security afforded by a cul de sac road.
- Government new, well built and maintained roads.
- Within and bordering an international community (Friendship and Mt Pleasant)with several multi million dollar villas.
- Views of Mustique, Balliceaux, Battowia and into the secluded valley of Ravine Bay.
- Very desirable location for tourists/villa renters
- Cooled by gentle trade winds
- Lush vegetation
- Walking distance to 1/2 mile long friendship beach w/ good swimming
- Walking distance to Ravine beach excellent snorkeling
- Magnificent ocean views over Caribbean and Atlantic coast and over small offshore island
- Views to the beaches to Mustique, Balliceaux and Battoweya and other uninhabited offshore islands.
Villa Plots 0.5 acre
Forty Four plot development
- 0.5 acre villa plots within a serviced development
- Underground cable, electricity and telephone
- Planning permission in principle obtainable on purchase
- Friendship Beach 25-35 minutes walk
- Ravine Beach 25-35 minutes walk
- Excellent views onto valleys and beaches
- Saving of 40% from market value
- 10% deposit payable within two months.
- 90% balance due within a further one to six months.
- Great location - two beaches within walking distance
- Luxury 4* Resort Hotel and Restaurants on beach.
- Up to six months growth before completion
- Villa build opportunity with high yields of up to 70%
- 70% mortgages available on house build
- New Development
South East Coast Developments:
Friendship Beach Hotel: Nestling on the edge of Friendship Bay on the southern side of the Island of Bequia, a this relaxed resort is comprised of a complex of stone buildings set on a palm-studded cove with white sandy beach overlooking the bay. There are two bars and two restaurants on the property. Swedish chefs maintain excellent gourmet standards at the fabulous beachside restaurant here. The hotel is only 10 minutes from Bequia airport and 12 minutes by taxi from Port Elizabeth, where the ferry from St.Vincent docks twice daily.
A new small luxury resort has been developed and is operational though there are room still under constructed on Friendship Beach
The Bequia Beach Hotel has a stylish beach bar and the restaurant serves gourmet dinner.
The New Eden Beach Villa
Bequia's famous beach villa, has featured in Vogue magazine, Harpers and Queen and The Architects Journal. The four bedroom villa rents for US$ 7,000 per week in high season www.grenadine-escape.com/villas/new_eden
Fort Recovery Beach Villas
A luxury apartment resort has been recently renovated at the far southern end of Friendship Beach. L'Amitie a 2 bedroom penthouse apartment here rents at US$ 2,800 per 7 nights for 4 persons.
International Airport St. Vincent
On 16th of August 2006 the Government announced that they are forging ahead with the development of an international airport in St. Vincent. The International Airport at Argyle will be completed by end 2011. Earthworks have begun on the site.