Since Stan and Elizabeth Clayton have owned the FireFly, they have turned it in to one of the most sought after charming guest houses that the Grenadines have known. One of only two hotels on this private island the Fire Fly’s four private guest rooms have all been completely renovated and individually designed using natural fabrics. All of Fireflys bedrooms have wonderful huge ‘sea pebble’ showers and two have old, reclaimed terracotta tile flooring from Trinidad which is wonderfully cooling underfoot!
Each room is unique – one has a private plunge pool with waterfall, another shower that projects out into the trees with amazing ocean views. The walls are tastefully decorated with Caribbean art and one-of-a-kind tile murals. The rooms contain all the luxury amenities, linens and modern touches that the 21 st Century demands. “The most important thing we can give our guests is the chance to escape their everyday lives,” says Stan. “we didn’t want Firefly to have a flat, impersonal, designer feel to it. You can go to any one of hundreds of perfect hotels anywhere in the world for that. We wanted something truly unique and different, definitely perfect, but something you can only get in Mustique!”
The “colonial Caribbean” style was born originally out of those unique finds that the old colonialists brought home from their travels. Firefly beautifully captures that style through the interesting furnishings that the Claytons have collected while travelling. At night the place is lit with abundant candlelight set in a mixture of lamps and hurricane glasses from around the globe. Standing fans, handmade in brass and mahogany, give wonderful old-world atmosphere to the lounge, and comfortable leather bar stools invite one to linger longer at the bar.
- Four suites each individually designed as a "Caribbean Fantasy"
- Cocktail bar, lounge, restaurant
- Two tiered Infinity swimming pool with waterfall
- Beach 10 minutes walk
- Wonderful views over Britannia Bay
- Walk to Basil’s Bar and boutiques along the waterfront 10 minutes away
- Firefly is also the home of the infamous "Mustique Martini Club" and “Mustique Champagne Club”
- Family owned and operated
Hummingbird, Seashell, Pineapple and Treehouse have each been individually designed as a "Caribbean Fantasy" and includes the extra touches you naturally expect … Quality linen, unbleached cotton towels, hair dryer, bath accessories, bathrobes and sarongs for your use. Each room has a well-stocked mini bar, ipod, dock and speakers (ipod fully loaded with specially selected music), wireless (G) internet access, direct dial telephone, ceiling fans and air conditioning. Guests have free use of Sunfish sailing boat.
Firefly is located on a steep hill, there are very steep steps in the garden and a spiral staircase to most rooms and regrettably not suitable for those with disabilities or children less than twelve years of age. Firefly is a popular hangout for island residents, visiting celebrities & musicians, the bar is lively & open until midnight, November thru April. Firefly has a relaxed & friendly house-party atmosphere, it is not for the boring, the pretentious or the stuffy!
What You Get
Each room has been individually designed as a "Caribbean Fantasy" and includes the extra touches you naturally expect
Room Rates Include:
- Full breakfast
- A la carte lunch or picnic
- A la carte dinner
- Complimentary sunset snacks
- Twice daily maid service
- Turn down service
- Laundry service (at additional charge)
- Luxurious beds draped with mosquito netting (two rooms have four posters).
- 250 thread count Italian linens
- Down pillows (hypo allergenic on request)
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fan
- Full sized bath amenities
- Bath robes
- Beach basket with towels, masks and snorkels
- Beach Chairs
- Flippers and boogie boards
- Well stocked mini bar
- Welcome fruit plate
- In room safe
- Fully loaded I-Pods with Bose sound dock
- Wireless internet service
- Selection of books and games
- Complimentary on island phone calls
- Complimentary Cell phone for island use
- Complimentary airport or dock transfers
- Complimentary use of Club Caribbean Lounge at Barbados Airport
Book a seven night stay or more and we will arrange free return flights
between Barbados and Mustique (value approx. US$500 per person)
*Note. Free flights do not include any taxes or fuel surcharges that may be applicable (these charges will be added to your room bill) and this offer is not available between the 19th of December and the 1st of January.
“Best of Both Worlds Special”
Watch the sunrise from your room in Bequia and sunset from your room in Mustique
- 3 Nights at Firefly Plantation Hotel Bequia
- 4 Nights at the famous Firefly Mustique
- You will be upgraded on arrival to the best room available at each hotel
- FREE Flight from Barbados to Bequia on scheduled flight
- FREE boat ride or flight from Bequia to Mustique
- FREE return flight from Mustique to Barbados on scheduled flight
- FREE full board at both hotels
Please check websites for all other services and goods included at each location.
US$2499.50* per person
Just contact us and tell us what dates you want the "Best of Both Worlds" and we will take care of the rest!
*Note: Does not include tax and service or any airport taxes or fuel surcharges that may or may not apply. The itinerary cannot be changed other than to extend the stay. Each extra night cost US$150 per person in Bequia & US$300 per person in Mustique (all rates are based on double occupancy). This offer is not available between the 19th of December and the 1st of January.
Honeymoon Special (7 night minimum)
Champagne and flowers on arrival
Click here to add to the Guest Book